Santa fe Immigration Exam
Immigrants seeking a change in status are required to undergo Immigration Medical Exam. Dr. Kurt Kastendieck has been a USCIS designated Civil Surgeon for more than 10 years and can help with your examination needs.
What the exam includes:
- Review of medical history and exam
- Testing for Tuberculosis (blood test)
- Testing for sexually transmitted diseases (syphilis and gonorrhea)
- Review needed vaccinations
- Completion Form I-693
Laboratory tests required by USCIS:
- Tuberculosis (required for all patients over 2 years of age)
- Syphilis (required for all patients over 15 years of age)
- Gonorrhea (required for all patients over 15 years of age)
- Antibody testing for Varicella and MMR may be done for proof of disease or vaccination, if negative, will require vaccination.
Vaccines you may need:
- Varicella (unless you have a history of chickenpox)
- Pneumonia (if 65 yo or older)
- If under 18 years old, appropriate childhood vaccines
- Influenza October 1- March 31
- Covid (full vaccination)
What to bring to your exam:
- Photo ID
- any vaccination records
- Lab results of the above test if performed in the last year.
What to expect:
Immigration Exam $200
If other vaccinations are needed (ex Varicella), they may be obtained at a local nearby pharmacy
Laboratory Testing Typically done:
Tuberculosis (blood test) $120
Influenza Vaccine $25
If needed, Antibody testing for Measles ($20) or Varicella ($20)
Laboratory test cost are to be paid directly to the Lab.
Laboratory prices are approximate only, may vary by lab.